Holidays at Walt Disney World
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, and she’s Sophie, and We’re on the Road with Mickey! This is episode #42 for October 19, 2020, and our feature topic today is the Holidays at Walt Disney World. Grab a drink, relax, and join us as we talk about the magic of the holidays! Here’s our rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Mike: Last Thursday, October 15, Disney opened up packages for the rest of 2021. Before then, the latest you could make a reservation was through September 27, 2021, but now you can make reservations throughout all of December and even into January, 2022!
- Sophie: We’re counting down the days — less than two weeks until the premier of The Mandalorian, Season 2! To be exact, we’re 11 days until the premier at the time the podcast went live! Remember, Season 2, Episode 1 airs on Friday, October 30, 2020.
- Mike: Well, I thought that Disneyland would reopen by the end of October. Turns out I was wrong. Disney has sent out emails to those that are booked at Disneyland hotels through October 31 informing them they can cancel or move their dates. At this point, we just don’t know when Disneyland will reopen.
- Sophie: Lastly, a central Florida couple has started a GoFundMe fundraiser to raise funds for the Cast Member Pantry to help Disney Cast Members who were affected by the layoffs.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OnTheRoadwithMickey
- YouTube: On the Road with Mickey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Voicemail: 919-799-8390
- Feature Topic: Holidays at Walt Disney World
- Getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving
- The Magic of the Disney Seasons
- Holiday decorations begin on November 6th
- What’s different this year?
- No Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- No Candlelight Processional at Epcot
- No special fireworks
- Cavalcades instead of parades
- This Day in Disney History for October 19
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Walt Disney Quote
- Charity Spotlight – Neuse River Golden Retriever Rescue
- From now until the end of the year, we are going to focus on a special charity to talk about. The charity we have selected is the Neuse River Golden Retriever Rescue (https://goldenrescuenc.org/) – This charity works to help abandoned Golden Retrievers find their forever home. We have used them twice now, once with our boy Regan and the second time with our boy River, and they are wonderful to work with. If you are interested in donating to their organization, the place to do so is at https://goldenrescuenc.org/support-nrgrr
- On the Road with Mickey is sponsored by Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis and Tech Solutions NC. If you have any computing or travel needs, reach out to them! Tech Solutions is found at techsolutionsnc.com or on Facebook, and you can reach Mike for travel needs at email@example.com or on Facebook at Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!