Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Staying Cool at Disney!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 125 for June 6, 2022, and today our feature topic is Staying Cool at Disney! Summer is here, even if it’s not here officially, and these tips will help you stay cool while at Disney. Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Mike: Coming to The Mandalorian, Season 3 – which, by the way, will be released in February, 2023! – the fan favorite character Babu Frik from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – will be appearing at some point during season 3! I don’t know about you, but that is so intriguing to me. Absolutely one of the most poignant moments in any of the Star Wars movies was C3P0 looking around one last time “Taking one last look…at my friends” before his memory was wiped. I don’t know about you all, but my eyes kept leaking at that scene for some reason.
- Brenda: Speaking of food – wait, were we speaking of food? – no, oh well, no matter, we are now! Hoop Dee Doo Revue is reopening on June 23rd! You can make dining reservations now for June 23rd and later now, so have at it!
- Sophie: Disney+ Day is returning again this year on September 8th. Premerieng on the streaming service that day is the Live-Action Movie, Pinocchio! Here’s the Teaser Trailer of the show if you want to watch it: Pinocchio | Teaser Trailer | Disney+
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://facebook.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- Facebook Group: https://facebookgroup.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/OntheRoadwithMickey
- Instagram: On the Road with Mickey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feature Topic: Staying Cool at Disney!
- Now that the calendar has flipped over to June, as far as I’m concerned, summer has arrived. For June, July, and August, the average high temperature is 90 and 91 degrees. With that in mind, this week we are taking a look at some of the ways that we can beat the heat at Walt Disney World during the summer months. Listen to our suggestions and let us know what we missed!
- Our tips for staying cool at Disney:
- Utilize a hand-held fan – Sophie uses a Chinese fan that opens and closes as she needs and it works well for her!
- Misting Fan – battery powered and has water for misting to cool you off as well.
- Wearable Neck Fans
- Get to the parks early
- Take advantage of the water rides. Splash Mountain, Kali River Rapids, Pirates of the Caribbean (depending on where you sit)
- Stay hydrated! Carry your bottle of water, and ask for free ice water at locations in the parks.
- Indoor attractions, located throughout all of the parks. Some examples: Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents
- Eat a Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar!!!!
- Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich with Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
- Banana Split
- “Pool Time is the Best Time when it’s hot!” said Brenda
- Browsing the stores to get out of the heat.
- Find a good place to sit
- Don’t forget a hat to wear!
- Moisture wicking clothing
- Put up with it and embrace the rain
- Cold washcloth to put on your neck to keep you cool
- Cold Water Bottle but use the condensation in the same way as the washcloth
- Go in the morning, leave in the heat of the day, come back later
- The Splash zones in the water shows, specifically World of Color
- Not for everyone, but consider flip flops for your feet.
- Umbrella to guard from the sun
- This Day in Disney History for June 6:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Perdita from 101 Dalmations
- A little bit of Walt
- “I don’t pose as an authority on anything at all, I follow the opinion of the ordinary people I meet, and I take pride in the close-knit teamwork with my organization.” – Walt Disney
- Coming Next Week: At Least 3 Things we’re looking forward to on our trip!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to email@example.com. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!