Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
5 Things We’re Looking Forward To!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 126 for June 13, 2022, and today our feature topic is 5 Things We’re Looking Forward To! Our trip is right around the corner, and we are looking forward to at least five things for our trip. Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Mike: According to Anika Noni Rose, who is the voice actor of Princess Tiana from Princess and the Frog, the re-imagined themeing of Splash Mountain will be completed in 2024 and will open at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Officially, Disney has not confirmed the timing for the renovation, but more information may be released at the end of the month.
- Brenda: What a special moment at Walt Disney World. The resort welcomed several of the Special Olympics USA Games athletes to the Magic Kingdom. They were celebrated as honorary grand marshals in a parade down Main Street, U.S.A. The Special Olympics games this year are in Orlando, with the majority of the events being held at the Wide World of Sports complex. There’s an awesome YouTube video about it in the show notes, check it out: Disney World Welcomes Special Olympics Athletes With Glittering Parade | Walt Disney World Resort
- Sophie: Coming to Disney+ on August 10th – “I am Groot!” This series of original shorts – five in all – will focus on Baby Groot. Vin Diesel, who is the voice of Groot in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, also will voice him for the series.
- Sophie: Lastly, coming back to Walt Disney World starting June 29th – the Minnie Van Service! It is handled through the Lyft app and is only for transportation around the resort – it will not go to the airport at this time.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://facebook.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- Facebook Group: https://facebookgroup.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/OntheRoadwithMickey
- Instagram: On the Road with Mickey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- From last week:
- Chrissy added to our list of ways to stay cool at Disney. Here’s what she added: Neck wrap cooling towels, the big huge new hand fans, or a small one, tank tops, get one of the insulated tervis style canteens or cups filled with ice, stay cold all day even in hot vehicles. When entering the park, walk through the long street stores in the AC instead of the main street to stay cool. Biggest mistake constantly made: DO NOT wear spirit jerseys during the months of April thru mid December, people wear them then complain it’s so hot. January/ February is the best time for those. If you start to get overheated, ask for ice water and take an ice cube. Place it on your wrist to bring your body temperature down to.
- Feature Topic: 5 Things We’re Looking Forward To!
- 5) Getting to celebrate Sophie
- 4) Sharing time with her family
- 3) Spending time with Good Friends and meeting one of her clients for the first time! Cassie and Sophia
- 2) Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 1) Looking forward to R&R at the Yacht Club!
- 5) Getting my next pair of ears for her collection.
- 4) Riding Splash Mountain some more
- 3) Trying the Bread Pudding at ‘Ohana and Raglan Road with Brenda
- 2) Riding Guardians of the Galaxy with Aunt Robin and Aunt Brenda
- 1) The On the Road with Mickey Meetup!
- 5) Staying at the Yacht Club
- 4) On the Road with Mickey Meetup
- 3) Seeing our friends at Disney and meeting new friends
- 2) Hanging out with my (favorite
- 1) Celebrating my not-so-little girl’s birthday
- This Day in Disney History for June 13:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Bruce the Shark from Finding Nemo
- A little bit of Walt
- “The idea of Disneyland is a simple one. It will be a place for people to find happiness and knowledge. It will be a place for parents and children to share pleasant times in one another’s company; a place for teachers and pupils to discover greater ways of understanding and education. Here the older generation can recapture the nostalgia of days gone by, and the younger generation can savor the challenge of the future.” – Walt Disney
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to email@example.com. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!