10 Ways Walt Disney Was Patriotic!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 128 for July 4, 2022, and today, on the 246th Birthday of America, as we celebrate the United States Independence Day, our feature topic is 10 Ways Walt Disney Was Patriotic! Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Brenda: On July 11th, the Top of the World Lounge at the top of Bay Lake Towers reopens! This is a DVC member only location, and it seems that the Disney Villains settled in at the lounge while it was closed. Also, reopening on August 25th – the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom and at Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort! The Disney Springs and Grand Floridian locations will reopen at a later date.
- Mike: In the “In case you missed it” department, it was recently announced that Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will be back this year! Starting November 8th and going through December 22nd, the party will be hosted at the Magic Kingdom on 24 select nights.
- Sophie: Coming to Disney+ on Friday, July 8 – the premiere of The Wonderful Summer of Mickey Mouse! Mickey Mouse and his friends each recall the wild events leading up to the Annual Summer Fireworks Spectacular from their point-of-view.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- From last week:
- In case you didn’t see it on our YouTube channel, last week’s episode was a very brief video we called the Bread Pudding Challenge. It is a comparison of the ‘Ohana Bread Pudding and the Raglan Road Bread Pudding. If you missed it, you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp6JGtzxHys We really enjoyed making that, and hope you enjoyed it as well!
- Feature Topic: Ten Ways that Walt Disney Was Patriotic!
- Today is the 4th of July, Independence Day in the United States. On this, the 246th Birthday of our Country, we wanted to celebrate the patriotism of Walt Disney. Today, we bring to you Ten Ways that Walt Disney Was Patriotic! Enjoy!
- 10) Walt dressing up as Abraham Lincoln and reciting the Gettysburg Address
- 9) Walt joining the Red Cross during World War I to support his country.
- 8) Walt Disney producing the training and propaganda videos for World War II
- 7) Main Street, U.S.A.
- 6) Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- 5) Liberty Square and the Hall of Presidents
- 4) The Daily Flag Ceremony at Town Square
- 3) The American Adventure Pavilion and all it entails
- 2) Casey’s Corner, right before the restaurant opens, they play the piano and sing Take Me Out to the Ball Game.
- 1) The Carousel of Progress
- This Day in Disney History for July 4:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Ellie Frederickson from Up
- A little bit of Walt
- “I believe that this spiritual and intellectual freedom which we Americans enjoy is our greatest cultural blessing. Therefore, it seems to me, that the first duty of culture is to defend freedom and resist all tyranny.” – Walt Disney
- Coming Next Week: Sophie’s 21st Birthday Trip Recap!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to email@example.com. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!