Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Sophie’s 21st Birthday Trip Recap!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 129 for July 11, 2022, and today we’re recapping our trip in Sophie’s 21st Birthday Trip Recap! Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Mike: The EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival runs from July 14 – November 19, 2022, and along with it, the Eat to the Beat Concert Series will run from July 14 – November 14, 2022. Each night will feature three performances at the America Gardens Theatre – 5:30 PM, 6:45PM, and 8:00PM. We’re sharing a link to the Disney page that will show the complete list of performers and their dates of performance, so check it out here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/epcot/food-wine-eat-to-the-beat-concerts/
- Sophie: We’ve talked before about the retheming of Splash Mountain at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Well, recently it was announced that the ride will become Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, and will come to both Walt Disney World and Disneyland in late 2024!
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://facebook.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- Facebook Group: https://facebookgroup.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/OntheRoadwithMickey
- Instagram: On the Road with Mickey
- Email: email@example.com
- Feature Topic: Sophie’s 21st Birthday Trip Recap!
- Today for our feature topic, we are all going to talk about what we liked most about our recent trip to Walt Disney World. Since Sophie was the reason for the trip, I’m going to let her go first!
- 1) Having the On the Road with Mickey Meetup to ride the PeopleMover.
- 2) Being in the moment, especially at Epcot
- 3) Enjoying her time with McKinley and Aleyah
- 4) Also time at Hollywood Studios with Daddy.
- 5) Sophie’s Right of Passage at turning 21
- 1) Her time with her girls
- 2) Seeing the excitement of her girls seeing the characters again and them being able to ride the rides together instead of one with Mimi and one with Papi.
- 3) LOVED the Bread Pudding Challenge!!!! Also loved Liberty Tree Tavern where Cindy sat with them.
- 4) Meeting friends for the first time. Cassie & Sophie, Chris & Chrissy and their families
- 5) Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind!
- 1) Time spent with our family
- 2) Staying at the Yacht Club
- 3) Sophie and I at Hollywood Studios
- 4) Oga’s Cantina
- 5) Celebrating Sophie’s Birthday!
- This Day in Disney History for July 11:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Timon from The Lion King
- A little bit of Walt
- “I wanted something live, something that could grow, something I could keep plussing with ideas, you see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing; the thing will get more beautiful every year. And as I find what the public likes—and when a picture’s finished and I put it out—I find out what they like, or they don’t like, and I have to apply that to some other thing; I can’t change that picture, so that’s why I wanted that park.” – Walt Disney
- Coming Next Week: The Food items we had that made us go Wow! Or, perhaps better, Three Wowza Foods!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!