Our Favorite Disney Smells!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 133 for August 8, 2022, and today our feature topic is an Our Favorite Disney Smells! Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Brenda: On the Disney Wish, one place I want to “investigate” for our listeners – of course, all in the name of research – is Inside Out: Joyful Sweets! We’re talking freshly made waffle cones, signature desserts based on each of the emotions (in cupcake form), and nearly 40 flavors of gelato and ice cream!
- Sophie: Coming to Disney+ on Disney+ Day, which is September 8th, is a brand new original series, “Cars on the Road”. Featuring Mater and Lightning McQueen, the story is that they are traveling across the country to visit Mater’s sister back east! This looks to be a 9 episode series!
- Mike: Lost a little bit in the headlines, August 1st, Coronado Springs Resort celebrated its 25th anniversary! The resort opened on August 1, 1997, and was our first Disney on-property resort that we stayed at back in 2007.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Feature Topic: Your Favorite Smells at Disney!
- 3) H2O+ “Bath Aquatics”
- 2) SpaceShip Earth “Fire of Library in Alexandria”
- 1) Water smell PoTC with the use of bromine
- 3) Avatar: Flight of Passage. When the banshee lands in the cave.
- 2) Mickey’s PhilharMagic – Be Our Guest scene with the desserts
- 1) Karamell Kuche smell
- Honorable Mentions: The scents from the Polynesian Resort and the Yacht Club Resort.
- 3) Original Soarin’ ride – the orange grove scene
- 2) The incredible smell of fresh popcorn at Town Square in the Magic Kingdom.
- 1) The smell of the rain on the pavement during Extra Magic Hours with the cooler evening temperatures.
- Listener Interaction:
- My sister Robin loved the scent at the Yacht Club when she came over to visit before they all headed home. She also loved the scent of sunscreen and laughed about Sophie’s infamous “cough syrup” drink. 🙂
- John said he loves the smells at the Grand Floridian, at Basin at Disney Springs, and at the Riviera.
- Cindy said Pop Century’s lobby, the Taj Mahal scene in Soarin’, and that water smell you encounter on all of the boat rides. I wouldn’t want that last one as a candle, but I definitely associate it with the parks.
- Sandi loves the smell of fresh popcorn for the collectable popcorn buckets
- This Day in Disney History for August 15:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Queen Elinor from Brave
- A little bit of Walt
- “Animated picture-making is an expensive business. One wrong pencil line can cost hundreds of dollars. I can’t hold a pencil to the artists in my studio. I credit the success of my films to the teamwork in my organization.” – Walt Disney
- Coming Next Week: Disney Check-out Day Excursions
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to email@example.com. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!