Would you Rather…Disney Style!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 136 for August 29, 2022, and today our feature topic is Would you Rather…Disney Style! Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Sophie: Announced this week, H2O+, the company that makes the soaps, shampoos, and conditioners for Walt Disney World resorts, is discontinuing the product line at the end of the year, after 33 years in production. Until then, you can still buy their products on Amazon if you wish or at the resorts while supplies last. No word yet on what Disney will replace the H2O line with.
- Brenda: Avatar is being re-released in theaters for a two week run starting September 23rd in preparation for the upcoming release of the sequel, “Avatar: The Way of Water”. As a result, Avatar has been temporarily pulled from Disney+, but will return prior to the release of the new Avatar film on December 16th.
- Mike: ICE! at the Gaylord Palms hotel on Osceola Drive in Kissimmee is returning this year! Celebrating the story of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, this walk-through event is made from ice! Daily showings run from November 18 – January 1st. Learn more about it at their website: https://christmasatgaylordpalms.marriott.com/ice
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Feature Topic: Would You Rather…Disney Style!
- 1) Would you rather see Harmonious or Disney Enchantment?
- 2) Would you rather go to one of the Disney Water Parks or go to Universal’s Volcano Bay?
- 3) Would you rather watch the Candlelight Processional or go to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?
- 4) Would you rather visit Walt Disney World for your birthday or for Christmas?
- 5) Would you rather visit Disney’s Aulani in Hawaii or visit Disney’s Castaway Cay?
- 6) Would you rather stay at a Value Resort and have all your table service reservations, or stay at a Deluxe resort and have no table service reservations?
- 7) Would you rather spend evening extra magic hours at the Magic Kingdom or at Epcot?
- 8) Would you rather spend the night in the Disneyland Dream Suite or in Cinderella Castle?
- 9) Would you rather go to Avengers Campus or experience the Galactic StarCruiser?
- 10) Would you rather go to Disneyland Paris or go to Shanghai Disney and Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea?
- 11) Would you rather go to Festival of the Arts, Flower and Garden Festival, or Food and Wine Festival?
- This Day in Disney History for August 29:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Bud Robinson from Meet the Robinsons
- A little bit of Walt
- “Some people forget that you can still do good work even though you work with dollar bills. We took almost nine years to make Fantasia, and if we had to do it again, I’d take a long hard look at it, because today it would cost us $15 million. At some stage or other I have to walk in and tell the boys, ‘O.K. Start wrapping it up.’ If I didn’t, we’d never get the work finished. But that doesn’t mean we pull back on quality.” – Walt Disney
- Coming Next Week: Our Reasons Why You Should Visit WDW in September!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!