Brenda’s New England Recap!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 143 for October 24, 2022, and today we’re talking about Brenda’s New England Recap! Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Sophie: Restaurant updates: Starting November 1st, Tusker House returns as an all you can eat buffet! Also, over at the Polynesian Village Resort, Kona Cafe will be reopening from a refurbishment on November 1st as well. Lastly, on November 4th, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall will be reopening for the first time since it closed for Covid!
- Brenda: Another exciting reopening! Fantasmic! Will be returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park on November 3rd! It’s not just returning, it’s got a brand new show sequence, so be on the lookout for it!
- Mike: If you are going to be in Orlando for Thanksgiving, one option for traditional Thanksgiving dinner is Raglan Road. Listen to this menu: Butter and herb roasted turkey, roast garlic mashed potatoes, duck fat roasties, honey glazed carrots, bacon braised Brussels sprouts, sausage meat and walnut stuffing, red wine jus with cranberry sauce. Adults $38, children $18
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Feature Topic: Brenda’s New England Vacation Recap!
- Trip Highlights:
- Experiences we’ve never had before
- Delicious food
- Arrival: Manchester, NH.
- Stowe, VT
- Mystic, CT. – Mystic Pizza, had pizza that was so good. Shopping: Themed around Alice in Wonderland. Alice’s
- Boston Public Library
- Whale Watching Tour on their 30th Anniversary! Breaching whale, whales with their calves, super pod of dolphins.
- Stowe, VT., fall foliage, area called Smugglers Notch. Went to Von Trapp Family Lodge
- Food: Lobster Rolls, Fish & Chips, Restaurant: Porthole – 2 full lobsters, potatoes, corn on the cob, $34.95. BoothBay Harbor in Maine, Kaler’s Crab & Lobster House, Nutty Cheesy salad
- Cape Cod – Couple named Fran & John, new friends they met. Took the ferry to Martha’s Vineyard. Diparma Italian Restaurant, great pizza, wonderful server.
- Wenushi, NH – Restaurant: Our House – 25 different versions of mac and cheese.
- Trip Highlights:
- This Day in Disney History for October 24:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Ramone from Cars
- A little bit of Walt
- “We were free to develop the story as we saw it, unlike the classics where we had to adhere rigidly to the sequence conceived by the author… As the characters came to life and the scenes took shape, we were able to alter, embellish, eliminate, and improve the material.” – Walt Disney on Lady and the Tramp
- Coming Next Week: Our Favorite Nighttime Attractions!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!