Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Navigating the Parks: Animal Kingdom!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 157 and our feature topic this week is our Navigating the Parks: Animal Kingdom! Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Brenda: Here’s a few things to know about TRON for when it opens to the public on April 4th: 1) It will use a virtual queue, so no standby line. 2) You can purchase access via Individual Lightning Lane. 3) The attraction will have complimentary lockers to store bigger items in during your ride. Small items such as cellphones, glasses, or wallets can be stored in a small compartment on the ride vehicle. 4) Lastly, there are Disney Photopass Photo and Video offerings that will automatically link to your My Disney Experience account.
- Sophie: Disney recently announced that the company is donating $500,000 total to five Florida organizations – $100,000 for each organization – to expand conservation efforts in central Florida. The organizations are Conservation Florida, Florida Wildlife Corridor Foundation, The Nature Conservancy, Trout Lake Nature Center and Wekiva Wilderness Trust. We also learned that The Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Season two is now on Disney+, so we’ll have to check that out as well!
- Mike: In movie news, Avatar: The Way of Water has now passed Star Wars: The Force Awakens to become the fourth highest grossing film worldwide, with over 2 billion in receipts. The speculation is that it will become the highest grossing movie of all time before it’s done.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://facebook.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- Facebook Group: https://facebookgroup.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/OntheRoadwithMickey
- Instagram: On the Road with Mickey
- Email: email@example.com
- Feature Topic: Navigating the Parks: Animal Kingdom
- Not as much in the show notes, we were just enjoying the conversation more than taking notes. Generally, though, we navigate the park clockwise and don’t do a whole lot in Discovery Island.
- Sophie reiterated what I said but also talked about the various ways of getting to Expedition Everest.
- For Brenda, a typical Animal Kingdom day is part of the day there, and the rest of the day at Epcot, so she talked about combining the day into two parks.
- This Day in Disney History for February 6:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Sally Carrera from Cars
- A Little Bit of Walt:
- “Fun and wonder are the important elements, in addition to quality in production and performance, which are most responsible for the success of Disney productions.”– Walt Disney
- Coming Next Week: Romantic Disney Traditions!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!
Leave a Reply