Trip Recaps from Brenda and Sophie!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 165 and our feature topic this week is our Trip Recaps from Brenda and Sophie! Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- First, a correction. In our last episode, I mistakenly thought that the Grandson of EP Ripley was the one who operated that train at the Disneyland Railroad. It is actually the Grandson of Ward Kimball that has operated the Ward Kimball #5 Locomotive at the Disneyland Railroad. How awesome is that!
- Mike: It was recently announced by Dwayne Johnson that there is going to be a live action version of Moana coming to the screen!
- Mike: Under our Cheez-Whiz category, there is a rumor that nighttime parades are coming back to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World, and that, after a summer run at Disneyland, the Main Street Electrical Parade will be returning to Walt Disney World! No official confirmation, which is why this is cheez–whiz, but we’ll look to verify also!
- Mike: There is another Cheez-Whiz rumor that there is an untitled Mickey Mouse Film Project and Chris Pratt said he will be the lead voice in the film. It is slated to hit the screen in 2025!
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Feature Topic: Trip Recaps from Brenda and Sophie!
- Megacon Orlando
- 5) Costumes – making the costumes was very stressful!
- 4) Swag – “Trick or treating for Adults”
- 3) Easter Eggs at the Grand Floridian
- 2) The People
- 1) Her lightsabers!
- Celebrity Cruise Line – Celebrity Beyond
- 5) Absolutely beautiful! The level of creativity was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful.
- 4) Went with Linda, her older sister. Infinity Balcony – different from a verandah and was nicer than they thought it would be.
- 3) Food – My Time Dining plus could eat at whichever restaurant they wanted instead of rotational dining like Disney has. Food was really good.
- 2) The pools – really large, very accommodating, big main pool, two infinity pools, two story champagne glasses that were hot tubs. Great number of shady spots around the pools that were really helpful.
- 1) The Cruise – being on the open water is soothing to the soul.
- This Day in Disney History for April 11:
- 1925: Roy Oliver Disney marries Edna Francis
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Clarabelle Cow from Mickey and Friends
- A Little Bit of Walt:
- “A word may be said in regard to the concept and conduct of Disneyland‘s operational tone. Although various sections will have the fun and flavor of a carnival or amusement park, there will be none of the ‘pitches,’ game wheels, sharp practices, and devices designed to milk the visitor’s pocketbook.” — Walt Disney
- Coming Next Week: We’re taking a journey into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!