Celebrating Birthdays at Disney!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 172 and today our feature topic is Celebrating Birthdays at Disney! Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Sophie: In surprising and yet not surprising news, Disney announced that the Galactic Starcruiser experiment is ending at the end of September, with the September 28-30 launch being the final launch (which is also now sold out). The idea behind it was good, but the price was not, and ultimately people spoke with their wallets.
- Mike: Recently, Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro reported that at this time, Disney is not interested in building any smaller, regional parks. Instead, they are going to focus their resources on their core parks at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and beyond.
- Brenda: Just a reminder that Disney released a new ticket for the summer. Called the 4-Park Magic Ticket, it is a 4 day base ticket for $99 per day. The total of the ticket is $396 plus tax. You don’t need park reservations with this ticket, but you have to go to each of the four parks. You can’t use all 4 days at the Magic Kingdom, for example. Also, you can’t add on and do Park Hopper with the ticket. Still, $99 per day is a good price in our opinion!
- Sophie: Starting June 14th, breakfast is back at The Garden Grill Restaurant! You can book it now, so go check it out if you are interested!
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Feature Topic: Celebrating Birthdays at Disney!
- We are coming up on 2/3rds of our team and their birthdays! Brenda and Sophie are both June babies so I thought it would be great to talk about ways we can celebrate birthdays at Disney!
- You can celebrate your birthday up to six months before or six months after your birthday, so celebrate year round!
- Take in a Dessert Party! So many yummy treats. They have standing dessert parties and sitting dessert parties.
- Building a lightsaber for your birthday!
- Shopping for a new snowglobe for her collection!
- What is your character meal for your birthday?
- Sophie: The Crystal Palace
- Brenda: Hollywood & Vine
- Mike: Tusker House
- Swirls on the Water at Disney Springs – Dole Whip Flight
- Favorite Ride for your birthday:
- Sophie: Gran Fiesta Tour, Living with the Land, Mission: SPACE
- Brenda: Guardians of the Galaxy, Cosmic Rewind
- Mike: Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Brenda’s Favorite Dessert: Ger’s Bread and Butter Bread Pudding!
- Sophie’s Favorite Dessert: Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake or Milkshakes
- Mike’s Favorite Dessert: Banana Split
- Room decorations for your room! Order ahead on that.
- This Day in Disney History for May 29:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Zazu from The Lion King
- A Little Bit of Walt:
- “We’re still doing a bit of everything. We’re building a top-notch show at Disneyland called Pageant of the Presidents. It’s the story of America through the Presidents, and it’s got the darndest electronic system you ever saw. All you do is push a button and it takes off. It’ll have full-size animated figures. No actors.“ — Walt Disney
- Coming Next Week: The Best Resort Food Courts on Disney Property!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to email@example.com. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!