50 Years of A Christmas Carol with Ira David Wood III and IV
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 191 and today we’re talking with Ira David Wood III and his son, Ira David Wood IV as we discuss 50 Years of A Christmas Carol with Ira David Wood III and IV! This regional destination in the Raleigh, NC area is a can’t miss for my family, and I hope you take time to make the trek up here one year to see it in person. In the meantime, though, we had a great conversation with them, so whet your whistle here first!
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Feature Topic: 50 Years of A Christmas Carol with Ira David Wood III and IV
- In this special On the Road with Mickey, today we welcome back our friend and local legend, Ira David Wood III and his son, Ira David Wood IV, as we get ready to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of his production of A Christmas Carol. Welcome back to the show, guys!
- Fifty years is a long time to do something; congratulations on such a worthy achievement! How do you keep the same story fresh, year after year?
- For this year’s performances, what role (or roles) are you going to play, and is there anyone on the cast that we should keep our eyes on?
- In 50 years of doing this production, other than Raleigh & Durham, where have you performed the show?
- Is there anything special that you are going to be doing to commemorate this being the 50th year of the show?
- In today’s tech-heavy world, do you ever see the show being performed in some sort of syndication, maybe at movie theaters or via streaming services?
- Did I hear correctly that this is the last year you are planning to perform as Scrooge for some of the performances? If so, what will you be doing moving forward?
- Lastly, if there was any one thing that you would do differently, or anything you want to say, what would it be? The floor is all yours, David.
- Coming Next Week: Your Favorite Disney Villain!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!