Top 3 things we like about Main Street U.S.A.!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 193 and this week our feature topic is Top 3 things we like about Main Street U.S.A.! This episode concludes our look at the favorite things we like in each of the lands of the Magic Kingdom! Here’s what we talked about this week!
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Sophie: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party runs from November 9, 2023 – January 1, 2024! There are a lot of great treats planned for this year’s events, so go check them out!
- Mike: One of the emails that I get is from Attractions Magazine. In it, I saw a really neat story about an upcoming auction at the Van Eaton Galleries that features a slew of Disney memorabilia, including a very special Painting of Disneyland’s Main Street Train Station by Charles Boyer (Lot 1005). The auction is running November 11th and 12th. If you want to look at the offerings, go to https://vegalleries.com/releases/pop-culture-disney-studio-and-disney-parks
- Brenda: Filming for the Christmas morning Disney parade that we can see on TV on Christmas morning will most likely be happening on November 11th and 12th this year. The dates are always subject to change, though.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Listener Feedback: Favorite Villains
- Robin had some feedback: “Gaston from Beauty and the Beast is Lindsay’s. Captain Barbossa from Pirates of the Caribbean is mine. Aargh matey. Parlay?”
- Lee said: “Yzma from Emperors New Groove. She just doesn’t get enough hissing for my money!”
- Laurie said: “Yzma
Bowler hat guy
- Cindy said: “Jafar from Aladdin (both the original and the live action remake) and also Cruella DeVill from “Cruella” because her back story gives a new insight into her personality.”
- Sheila added: “Ursula and the Queen of Hearts”
- Chandler had some thoughts. This is what he said: “Cruella … In both animated form and the live action version when we learned her back story. It’s the back story that kinda endeared me to her.”
- Chrissy said: “Maleficent and Hades”
- John said: “Since I lived on a river for many years as a pre-teen, teenager, and through college. Also living near Lake Michigan. I have to go with Capt. Hook.”
- Feature Topic: Top 3 things we like about Main Street U.S.A.!
- In our last look at the things we like in the lands of the Magic Kingdom, we are taking a look at Main Street, U.S.A. Here is what we came up with!
- 1) The red/pink color of the street makes the green foliage look more vibrant
- 2) The forced perspective used on the buildings
- 3) Smellitizers
- 1) Walt Disney World Railroad
- 2) The music, the feeling in Town Square, just being there.
- 3) Casey’s Corner
- 1) That feeling I get when I emerge from the tunnel under the Walt Disney World Railroad that tells me that I am back HOME!
- 2) The beautiful Crystal Palace, and the buffet is quite good as well.
- 3) Hanging out on Main Street USA for the fireworks/projection show
- This Day in Disney History for November 6:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Hiro Hamada from Big Hero 6
- A little bit of Walt
- “Main Street, USA is America at the turn of the century – the crossroads of an era. The gas lamps and the electric lamp – the horse drawn car and auto car. Main Street is everyone’s hometown – the heart line of America.” –– Walt Disney
- Coming Next Week: The Most Under-Appreciated Land at Disney!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to email@example.com. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!