The Most Under-Appreciated Land at Disney!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 194 and this week our feature topic is The Most Under-Appreciated Land at Disney! This episode we’re taking a look at all of the Disney parks to find out what we believe is under-appreciated. Here’s what we talked about this week!
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Mike: Breaking News from Muppet Vision 3D: Disney has just finished replacing the seating for the theater where the show is performed! That’s big news because the old seats were in serious need of replacing!
- Brenda: Coming to Epcot on December 5th – the first showing of the latest nighttime spectacular “Luminous The Symphony of Us”! Over at the Disney Parks Blog, they have a great post talking about some of the incredible music you’ll hear and see set to fireworks, fountains, and lights. There is also a sneak peek into some of the behind the scenes work that they did. Check it out here on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa07tPq0Ir4
- Sophie: This year, The American Adventure pavilion in Epcot will again have a Gingerbread Display. This one features the US Capital, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, as well as a gingerbread model of the American Adventure Pavilion and Regal Eagle Smokehouse. It will be on display from November 24 – December 30 this year.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Listener Feedback: Main Street, U.S.A.
- Donna: My all time favorite is when you see the Castle. It is magical.
- Lee: Main Street Vehicles, when they run. So, more in DL than WDW these days.
- Sheila: My favorite thing about main street is the citizens of Main Street. I also like the Dapper Dan’s and all of the different parades and the feeling that you get while walking down the street .
- Feature Topic: The Most Under-Appreciated Land at Disney!
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch, part of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
- Animation Courtyard in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Echo Lake, Commissary Lane, Grand Avenue
- This Day in Disney History for November 13:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Mack from Cars
- A little bit of Walt
- “ I suppose my formula might be: dream, diversify – and never miss an angle.” –– Walt Disney
- Coming Next Week: Celebrating Thanksgiving at Disney!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!