Celebrating Birthdays at Disney!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 110 for February 21, 2022, and today our feature topic is Celebrating Birthdays at Disney! Today is my niece’s birthday, and we thought it would be a great time to talk about all of the fun things you can do to celebrate your birthday at Disney! Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what some of your favorite birthday memories are! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- First up, Happy Birthday to my niece Stephanie! Let’s sing it, everyone!
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Sophie: Oh my, are you ready for this announcement? “It’s not a reboot. It’s a comeback. Chip ‘n Dale: #RescueRangers, an all-new, never-done-before, completely 100% Original movie, streaming May 20 on Disney+.
- Brenda: We have another Disney Wish update! On February 11th, the Disney Wish touched water for the first time during her “float out”, which is a major construction milestone!
- Mike: COVID Face Covering Update: Beginning last Thursday, February 17, the following health and safety updates are in place at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. Face coverings are optional for fully vaccinated Guests in both outdoor and indoor locations. Guests who are not fully vaccinated are expected to continue wearing face coverings in all indoor locations, including indoor attractions and theaters. Face coverings are still required by all Guests (ages 2 and up) on enclosed Disney transportation, including Disney buses, monorails, and Disney Skyliner. This comes on the heels of the news that Universal Orlando Resort recently relaxed their Face Covering rules on February 12th in much the same way as Disney has now done.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Feature Topic: Celebrating Birthdays at Disney!
- In today’s topic, we are taking a look at some of the ways that you can celebrate your birthday at Disney! Some of these have changed during COVID, but many are still viable things you can do and experience.
- Listener feedback:
- Chris wrote: “This picture was during Chrissy’s birthday last year and we did memorial rides for one of our Ohana whose husband passed away So she chose to share her day to honor him which was magical if you ask me.”
- This Day in Disney History for February 21:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Happy from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- A little bit of Walt
- “Ideas come from curiosity. When I settle one idea, my confidence takes command; nothing can shake it, and I am constant to it until it comes a reality. Then I drop it abruptly, and I rarely mention it again.” – Walt Disney
- Coming next week: Benefits of Staying on the Boardwalk!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!