Benefits of Staying on the Boardwalk!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 111 for February 28, 2022, and today our feature topic is the Benefits of Staying on the Boardwalk! Today we are taking a look at all of the great things you can experience when you stay on the Boardwalk! This is exciting for us because the Yacht Club will be our home for Sophie’s 21st birthday in June. Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you like about the Boardwalk area of Disney! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Sophie: Lin-Manuel Miranda recently revealed that he approached Disney CEO Bob Chapek about adding an Encanto-themed ride to the Disney theme parks! He envisions a ride through attraction similar to the Little Mermaid attraction. I know that I’d be first in line for that if it comes about!
- Brenda: Guardians of the Galaxy update! In a recent tweet by Disney’s Chief Corporate Affairs officer Geoff Morrell, the executive brought attention to the attraction and pointed to a possible opening date of the attraction taking place over Memorial Day weekend!
- Mike: Over on the west coast, the transformation of Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland Park will begin starting March 9th. The biggest part of the transformation is that Toontown will be the home of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway when it reopens in early 2023.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Feature Topic: Benefits of Staying on the Boardwalk!
- Boardwalk Inn
- Yacht Club
- Beach Club
- The Swan and Dolphin (unofficially)
- Proximity to the Parks:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Proximity to the Parks:
- Atlantic Dance Hall
- Cape May Cafe
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
- BoardWalk Bakery
- BoardWalk Ice Cream
- Trattoria al Forno
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
- This Day in Disney History for February 28:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Dory from Finding Nemo
- A little bit of Walt
- “For a child, encouragement from a grown up can be a thrilling experience. And can spell the difference between failure and success.” – Walt Disney
- Coming next week: Springtime at Disney!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!