Your Favorite Areas at Each Park!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 114 for March 21, 2022, and today our feature topic is the Your Favorite Areas at Each Park! Each park at Walt Disney World has a different name for their specific areas. Some are called lands, some are neighborhoods, and so on. This week, we are looking at your favorite area in each park. Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Brenda: Disney announced recently that they are going to be making some changes to the Boardwalk area. The Boardwalk Inn is getting a reimagined lobby, and out on the Boardwalk itself, the Boardwalk Bakery will become a new sandwich shop. Also, The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers, a new table-service restaurant and bakery, is set to open in 2023.
- Sophie: More Star Wars news: we have been geeking out on Obi-Wan Kenobi trailers and YouTube videos. The series premieres May 25th, and everything about it really makes me ready for it to start!
- Mike: The Starlight Safari Tour over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is set to return April 22nd! This 1 hour tour through the savanna areas of the Lodge costs $89 and you will be able to see up to 30 animal species with your night-vision goggles.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Feature Topic: Your Favorite Areas at each Park!
- Lands, Pavilions, Neighborhoods, the names go on and on. Today we are taking a look at our favorite “areas”, for lack of a better term, in each of the parks.
- Magic Kingdom:
- Brenda: Liberty Square
- Sophie: Liberty Square
- Mike: Main Street, U.S.A.
- Brenda: France Pavilion
- Sophie: Japan AND Morocco AND France Pavilions
- Mike: Mexico Pavilion
- Hollywood Studios:
- Brenda: Sunset Boulevard
- Sophie: Sunset Boulevard
- Mike: Galaxy’s Edge
- Animal Kingdom:
- Brenda: Pandora
- Sophie: Discovery Island
- Mike: Asia
- Listener Feedback:
- Cindy has these areas as her favorites: Let’s see… Epcot: World Showcase. MK: Tomorrowland at night. I’m honestly not sure about during the day. AK: Pandora. HS: It’s not one particular area, but I love the older areas.
- Chrissy says these are her favorites: Magic Kingdom favorite part is Fantasyland due to the Beauty and Beast additions. Epcot: World Showcase and Living Sea Hollywood Studios: Galaxy Edge AK: Pandora
- Pam includes several of her favorites: Great question! MK: Liberty Square. Epcot: The Living Seas and the World Showcase crawl. HS: Echo lake area. Looking forward to seeing Galaxy Edge this trip. AK: Africa. Safari, Gorillas, Festival of the Lion King show, and Tusker House breakfast. DS: original Pleasure Island Adventurers Club and Comedy Club.
- Chris adds his favorites: For me, the magic kingdom was always Adventureland because Tortuga Tavern was my favorite hangout when sorcerer Mickey card game was happening – lots of good memories began there including the idea of Billy’s closet of magic. In Hollywood Studios it’s Galaxy’s Edge. In Animal Kingdom it’s Pandora and in Epcot the World Showcase for America where the concert series happens. Saw Rick Springfield and Foreigners Journey recently there and it was awesome!!!
- This Day in Disney History for March 21:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Lilo from Lilo & Stitch
- A little bit of Walt
- “Today, modern ways have reached into nearly every corner of the globe. Yet in many lands, old and colorful customs continue, unchanged by time, undisturbed by the march of progress. As the past slips slowly but certainly into the future, these traditions of yesterday may soon be lost forever in all the tomorrows yet to come.” – Walt Disney
- Coming next week: Top 5 Retired Attractions, Part 1!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!