The Dining Reservation I’m most looking forward to…
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 118 for April 18, 2022, and today our feature topic is The Dining Reservation I’m most looking forward to. We’re taking a look at reservations at Disney and are thinking about those reservations that you just have to have, and can’t wait to get one day. Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Sophie: Giancarlo Esposito, also known as Moff Gideon in The Mandalorian, teased us with a possible season 3 opening date sometime this summer! No official date is released, but can you imagine if it were to come out, say, July 1st? Wow!
- Sophie: Also, I know that we don’t talk about Bruno…but today, we’re going to talk about Bruno! The hit song from Encanto has become the best performing Disney song to date, beating out Elton John’s version of “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” from The Lion King in 1994. Also, Bruno spent five weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart! That’s phenomenal!
- Brenda: Cast Member Previews for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind begin today, April 18th, 2022!
- Mike: On the Road with Mickey would like to extend our deepest sympathies to the family of Gilbert Gottfried. Known best in Disney circles as Iago in the movie Aladdin, he passed away at age 67 on April 12th. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, his children, and all those that knew him. All of us have been asked to please keep laughing as loud as possible in Gilbert’s honor.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Feature Topic: The Dining Reservation I’m most looking forward to…
- Grogu: Looking forward to
eatingdrinking at Oga’s Cantina
- Sophie: Raglan Road at Disney Springs. For the June trip, looking forward to getting to ‘Ohana for dinner.
- Brenda: The Chef’s Table Experience at Victoria and Alberts. Another on her list is Teppan Edo
- Mike: Victoria and Alberts dinner for our 25th Anniversary. Also want to try Le Cellier in the Canada Pavilion.
- Listener Feedback:
- John is looking forward to eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Jen added her favorite: “I love Mama Melrose’s. I know it is a Disney Olive Garden, but I like it!!”
- Chrissy said: “Space 220, Topalinos, and eventually I’d like to get Chris and Billy to want to try Mori’s”
- Sandi chimed in with her favorite: “Liberty Tree Tavern … quiet and good food. We have lunch reservations. The other fav is Kona Cafe…good food and better coffee and the wait staff are always nice.”
- Stephanie said “Boathouse brunch at Disney Springs, it’s the best!”
- Cindy added her input: “The Rose and Crown for dinner to have a view of Harmonious. The California Grill.”
- Grogu: Looking forward to
- This Day in Disney History for April 18:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Gill from Finding Nemo
- A little bit of Walt
- “While the rights and privileges of youth today are far greater than ever before, in entertainment as in other sides of their home and public life, it is still the parents who, in the main, decide what their growing youngsters may see on the screen. So it is the parents and other adult guardians of children’s welfare we must satisfy.” – Walt Disney
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!