Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Nighttime Experiences at Disney
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, and she’s Sophie, and We’re on the Road with Mickey! This is episode #44 for November 2, 2020, and our feature topic today is the Nighttime Experiences at Disney. Grab a drink, relax, and join us as we talk about all the great things you can do at Disney after the sun goes down! Here’s our rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Mike: Sadly, the layoffs at Disney continue. We heard that practically all of the Cast Members, if not all of them, that work on the stage shows and things like that — for example, Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo: The Musical — have been laid off. The list is long and sad, and our thoughts and prayers go out to all of the Cast Members affected and their families. If you wish to help them out, the Cast Member Pantry is accepting donations. To leave a donation, send some money via VENMO to @castmemberpantry.
- Mike: In other COVID news, the government in France has implemented a mandatory lockdown due to a spike in cases in Europe. As a result, Disneyland Paris is having to close. They closed effective October 30, 2020.
- Sophie: Over at Disney Springs, the Lego Store has put up a model of The Child made entirely of Legos. You can see it over on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CG0bJOTHoxW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
- Sophie: Lastly, there is at least some short-term good news. Disney has called back about 200 Cast Members to work in the shopping and dining facilities over on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure Park.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OnTheRoadwithMickey
- YouTube: On the Road with Mickey
- Instagram: On the Road with Mickey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Voicemail: 919-799-8390
- Feature Topic: Nighttime Experiences at Disney
- During normal years, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the fall.
- Evening Extra Magic Hours, especially at Magic Kingdom and Epcot
- Back in the day, Animal Kingdom Block Party at DinoLand, U.S.A.
- Dueling Piano Bar at Jellyrolls at Disney’s Boardwalk
- Tomorrowland at Night! Especially Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover at Night!
- People Watching while sitting on a bench eating popcorn.
- Fireworks at Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
- Riding Seven Dwarfs Mine Train during the fireworks!
- Back in the day, Main Street Electrical Parade at the Magic Kingdom
- World of Color
- This Day in Disney History for November 2
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Walt Disney Quote
- Charity Spotlight – Neuse River Golden Retriever Rescue
- From now until the end of the year, we are going to focus on a special charity to talk about. The charity we have selected is the Neuse River Golden Retriever Rescue (https://goldenrescuenc.org/) – This charity works to help abandoned Golden Retrievers find their forever home. We have used them twice now, once with our boy Regan and the second time with our boy River, and they are wonderful to work with. If you are interested in donating to their organization, the place to do so is at https://goldenrescuenc.org/support-nrgrr
- On the Road with Mickey is sponsored by Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis and Tech Solutions NC. If you have any computing or travel needs, reach out to them! Tech Solutions is found at techsolutionsnc.com or on Facebook, and you can reach Mike for travel needs at email@example.com or on Facebook at Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!