Night of a Million Lights
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, and she’s Sophie, and We’re on the Road with Mickey! This is episode #48 for December 14, 2020, and our feature topic today is Night of a Million Lights! Today we are talking about our visit to the Give Kids the World Village to take in their event Night of a Million Lights. Grab a drink, relax, and join us as we talk about all the great things that we enjoyed on our trip! Here’s our rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Mike: If you remember back to our Attraction Refresh podcast from a few weeks back, you may remember hearing my ideas for DinoLand, U.S.A. Well, the ride vehicles from Primeval Whirl were seen heading away from Animal Kingdom a couple of days ago.
- Sophie: Coming to Disney+ — a prequel series to Beauty and the Beast! Starring Luke Evans and Josh Gad, the name of the series hasn’t officially been named, but a rumor is that it will be called “The Little Town”
- Sophie: Over on the big screen, Harrison Ford has been tapped to play Indiana Jones in the 5th and last installment of the Indiana Jones movie series!
- Mike: Scheduled to come in 2021: Non-stop flights on Hawaiian Airlines from Orlando, Florida to Honolulu, Hawaii! Now you can have your WDW cake and top it off with an Aulani visit as well!
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OnTheRoadwithMickey
- YouTube: On the Road with Mickey
- Instagram: On the Road with Mickey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Voicemail: 919-799-8390
- Feature Topic: Night of a Million Lights
- What is it all about?
- Location: Give Kids the World Village, Kissimmee, FL
- Runs until January 3, 2021
- All proceeds benefit the Give Kids the World Village.
- Give Kids The World Village closed to wish families in mid-March due to the global pandemic, delaying more than 6,000 wishes. Night of a Million Lights is designed to raise funds to ensure that the wishes of critically ill children can return bigger and better than ever before once the time is right to reopen.
- Ticket Costs: Peak Dates: $35/Adult, $18/Kid; Holiday Dates: $40/Adult, $20/Kid
- Over 3 million lights, donated by Walt Disney World. Individual cottages are sponsored by local businesses.
- What is it all about?
- This Day in Disney History for December 14
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Walt Disney Quote
- Charity Spotlight – Neuse River Golden Retriever Rescue
- From now until the end of the year, we are going to focus on a special charity to talk about. The charity we have selected is the Neuse River Golden Retriever Rescue (https://goldenrescuenc.org/) – This charity works to help abandoned Golden Retrievers find their forever home. We have used them twice now, once with our boy Regan and the second time with our boy River, and they are wonderful to work with. If you are interested in donating to their organization, the place to do so is at https://goldenrescuenc.org/support-nrgrr
- On the Road with Mickey is sponsored by Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis and Tech Solutions NC. If you have any computing or travel needs, reach out to them! Tech Solutions is found at techsolutionsnc.com or on Facebook, and you can reach Mike for travel needs at email@example.com or on Facebook at Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — first, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Second, you can leave us a voicemail at our voicemail box 919-799-8390. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!