Lands of Animal Kingdom
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, and she’s Sophie, and We’re on the Road with Mickey! This is episode #40 for October 5, 2020, and our feature topic today is the Lands of Animal Kingdom. Grab a drink, relax, and join us as we take a stroll around Disney’s Animal Kingdom! Here’s our rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Mike: Sad news — Disney announced that they are laying off 28,000 employees because of the COVID-19 crisis.This breaks our heart for all of those that are affected, and our thoughts and prayers go out to them.
- Sophie: Looking for something to do in the Orlando area for the holidays? If so, you might want to check out the Night of a Million Lights, presented at the Give Kids the World Village! All proceeds go to benefit the Village! Check out more information here: https://www.gktw.org/lights/
- Mike: Sadly, we learned that friend of the show Yehaa Bob will not be returning to the RIver Roost at Port Orleans Riverside. This ends a great run of 23 years for Bob working for Disney. It was our honor to have Yehaa Bob on the show on May 18.
- Lastly, a sign of true leadership from Disney: “Josh D’Amaro was in DTD all day apologizing to cast members, letting us vent, cry, and whatnot. He probably would let us punch him if we wanted. A lot of execs would stay home, but I have to credit Josh for facing the music. The guy looked absolutely defeated.” ~ Nate Pester
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OnTheRoadwithMickey
- YouTube: On the Road with Mickey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Voicemail: 919-799-8390
- Feature Topic: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lands
- Discovery Island
- Pandora – The World of Avatar
- Dinoland – U.S.A.
- This Day in Disney History for October 5
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Walt Disney Quote
- On the Road with Mickey is sponsored by Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis and Tech Solutions NC. If you have any computing or travel needs, reach out to them! Tech Solutions is found at techsolutionsnc.com or on Facebook, and you can reach Mike for travel needs at email@example.com or on Facebook at Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!