Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
WDW 50th Anniversary
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, and she’s Sophie, and We’re on the Road with Mickey! This is Season 2, Episode 1 for January 4, 2021, and our feature topic today is the upcoming WDW 50th Anniversary! Today we are starting our look at what the WDW 50th Anniversary might look like to us. Today we will start by looking at the Magic Kingdom. Grab a drink, relax, and join us as we talk about all the things that we came up with! Here’s our rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Mike: Gearing up for the 50th Anniversary, Disney has filed permits for work to be done on both Swiss Family Treehouse and Cinderella Castle. They have already done some minor work on it’s a small world and Peter Pan’s Flight, so the focus appears to be in working on some of the attractions that were around when the Magic Kingdom first opened!.
- Sophie: The 2021 Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Arts is coming from January 8 – February 22nd, and recently, Epcot announced the food booths that will be there. Here’s a partial list: The Artist’s Table (The American Adventure), Citrus Blossom (Showcase Plaza), Cuisine Classique (Germany), and many more. In all, there are 16 food booths to choose from, as well as an additional 4 that are open year round!
- Sophie: In Baby Yoda news, there is a brand new whimsical Baby Yoda Loungefly Backpack that is an exclusive product from Entertainment Earth. Retailing at $59.99, the new backpack arrives this month! Check it out here: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/star-wars-the-mandalorian-the-child-minibackpack-entertainment-earth-exclusive/lfstbk0222r
- Mike: Lastly, over on Instagram, Giancarlo Esposito, the famed actor portraying Moff Gideon, talks to us about how he brings Moff Gideon to life. Check out the interview here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJT3vZFhMXl/
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OnTheRoadwithMickey
- YouTube: On the Road with Mickey
- Instagram: On the Road with Mickey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Voicemail: 919-799-8390
- Feature Topic: WDW 50th Anniversary
- The idea in Mike’s Mind:
- Magic Kingdom must sees
- All of the Opening day attractions. Remember we ranked our favorites on October 26th.
- Soaking in the atmosphere.
- Comparing 50th Anniversary to 40th Anniversary
- Riding our favorite attractions at the Magic Kingdom
- Comparing the 50th to Disneyland’s 60th
- This is WDW’s Golden anniversary so maybe some golden merch
- Golden decor.
- The Golden Horseshoe and the Diamond Horseshoe pun
- Hoping that some more things will be open :’)
- This Day in Disney History for January 4
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Walt Disney Quote
- On the Road with Mickey is sponsored by Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis and Tech Solutions NC.
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to email@example.com. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!