Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
You’re In Charge at WDW!
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, that’s Brenda, and and he’s Grogu, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode 124 for May 30, 2022, and today our feature topic is a fun one! You’re In Charge at WDW — 3 Changes You’ll Make! We have been given the keys to the Kingdom, so to speak, and we’re each giving three things that we would change. Grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and relax, and tell us in the comments below what you think! Here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Sophie: The Tumbling Monkeys are returning to Festival of the Lion King! They will be returning on July 16th, so unfortunately after our trip, but we are very excited for all of you that are able to enjoy seeing them in person!
- Brenda: Are you looking to plan your trip to Walt Disney World for 2023? Well, Mike and I are pleased to let you know that pricing for 2023 vacations will open up on June 8th! We’d love to help you with your trip. We have a quote request form here on the website, you can select either of us to submit your quote request to, or you can email me at email@example.com or Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll start the conversation that way. Thanks!
- Mike: Our record date for the podcast this week is on May 25th. That is my sister’s wedding anniversary, so happy anniversary to Robin and Jim! Unfortunately, though, that wonderful celebration of their love for each other is tempered by what happened in Uvalde, Texas, yesterday. In the aftermath of such senseless, tragic loss, there is a lot of sadness, a lot of anger, a lot of calls for change to prevent something like this from happening again. We’re not going to get into the details here because we don’t know how many young ones listen to the show and you can learn all you need to know about it from other avenues. We don’t have the answers here, nor do we pretend to have them, but you should know this. Brenda, Sophie, and I, and millions of other people are doing the only thing we can do in the face of unspeakable evil – we are praying. Praying for God to comfort those families; praying for God to provide His Strength to all of us; praying for God to send His Peace upon us all; and praying for God to bring His swift justice upon those that would harm. At the end of the day, prayer is our most important tool, and we utilize it day in and day out. Now, we are led to carry on in the best way we can, and that means trying to bring you an entertaining show to provide some comic relief from a chaotic world, so let’s do just that!
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://facebook.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- Facebook Group: https://facebookgroup.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/OntheRoadwithMickey
- Instagram: On the Road with Mickey
- Email: email@example.com
- Feature Topic: You’re In Charge at WDW – 3 Changes You’ll Make!
- 1) Bring back the Animation Academy!!!
- 2) Revamp the Canada Pavilion and add a New Zealand Pavilion
- 3) Add a Wall-E attraction to Tomorrow Land
- 1) BRING BACK THE OSBORN FAMILY SPECTACLE OF DANCING LIGHTS!!!!!!!
- 2) Bring back the Magical Express
- 3) Bring back Year of a Million Dreams and Extra Magic Hours for every resort guest!
- 1) Bring Back Paper FastPasses!
- 2) Double-Decker bus and Street Performers in World Showcase
- 3) Bring Back Mickey & Minnie’s Country Houses
- Listener Feedback:
- My wife Cindy added her list of things she would change: 1) Bring back the Main Street Bakery the way we remember it; 2) Bring back the Design my Virtual Roller Coaster; and 3) Extend the Skyliner.
- Chris has his list of 3 things he’d change: 1) Bring back the Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom game; 2) I’d bring back the days where characters would walk around the parks to allow magic moments in pictures. 3) I’d lower pass prices to help passholders keep affording trips to enjoy their happy places at Disney.
- Chrissy has her changes as well that she’d change: 1) Bring back the Sorcerer game update version. 2) Dining plans and not just for hotel guests, ap holders get to buy them to and ticket guests for the day. 3) Change the Prices for specials over next couple years to 1980, 1990, and 2000 prices for promotional themes Throughout the year at various hotels. With AP holders getting rates pre 2014 prices.
- My friend Cindy has her list of things she’d change: 1) Bring back any time park hopping (not just after 2pm). 2) Bring back evening EMH for ALL resort guests, not just deluxe. 3) Find a way to limit how many of each item people buy. I know they have rules, but the resellers find a way around it. This way new, special merchandise will be available to everyone for a longer period of time before it sells out.
- Here is what Heidi would change: 1) Bring back the dining plan and offer free dining at off times. 2) Stop charging extra for every little thing (and don’t charge for resort parking!) 3) I agree with Cindy on her #3.
- Lee has a list of things he would change: 1) Go back to having each resort individualized instead of having one mug for all, as an example. 2) Manage reservation systems better so no one has to spend their vacation fighting constantly on their phone just to eat or enjoy an attraction. 3) Prices will never be dropped, but release more special promotions and deals, like on par ticket pricing for foreign visitors.
- This Day in Disney History for May 30:
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Piglet from Winnie The Pooh
- A little bit of Walt
- “I believe that entertainment usually fulfills some vital need and normal curiosity for every man, woman, and child who seeks it.” – Walt Disney
- Coming Next Week: Staying Cool at Disney!
Watch us on YouTube!
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!