Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Never Have I Ever…Disney Edition
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, and that’s Brenda, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is Season 2, Episode 35 for August 30, 2021, and our feature topic today is Never Have I Ever…Disney Edition. For today’s podcast, we are talking about all of the things that we’ve never done before that we really want to experience. As always, we want to hear from you. What are some of the things you’ve never done that you want to do? Let us know in the comments! Now, here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Updates from last week:
- I can’t believe I forgot to mention this last week. If you have anyone with sensitive hearing, bring headphones or earplugs or something to help alleviate the loud sounds of fireworks, etc. That was a game changer for me with regards to watching the fireworks and really enjoying them!
- Things that Sheila always brings to Disney: Ziplock bags, bug spray and sunscreen! I also always order Amazon Prime for water and snacks for the room.
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Mike: My friend Randy sent me some news clippings — the home of Charlotte and Robert Disney, Walt and Roy’s aunt and uncle — is being restored back to it’s origins as a 1914 Craftsman bungalow. The house is located at 4406 West Kingswell Avenue in the Los Feliz area, and Walt and Roy’s aunt and uncle let them board in their home for $5 per week in 1923. This location is where Walt finished the Alice Comedies, which were a series of animated/live-action shorts created by Walt Disney.
- Brenda: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at WDW is going to be closing on September 7 for a refurbishment. This is the same day that BTMRR at Disneyland is also closing. Hopefully Walt Disney World’s version will be completed before the 50th Anniversary!
- Sophie: Basin at Disney Springs just released four new bath bombs inspired by Mickey, Minnie, Daisy and Donald! They are a great way to bring the magic home and relax after a busy day. They all feature different scents that match the characters personalities so there’s something for everyone.
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://facebook.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- Facebook Group: https://facebookgroup.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- YouTube: On the Road with Mickey (Don’t forget to subscribe, like the videos, and comment!)
- Instagram: On the Road with Mickey
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone Voicemail: 919-799-8390
- Feature Topic: Never Have I Ever…Disney Edition
- When it comes to Disney, there are always things that we have not done yet that we want to do. Today, we are going to shout out some of the things we’ve never done before that we want to do one day!
- Sophie’s To-Do List:
- Stay at Port Orleans Riverside
- Go to DisneylandParis
- Attend Dapper Day
- Go to the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party & See the Candlelight Processional
- Jelly Rolls!
- Get Married at Disney
- Brenda’s To-Do List:
- Staying in the suite in Cinderella Castle
- Do the VIP tour
- The Chef’s Table at Victoria & Albert’s
- Fireworks Cruise
- Stay in the Presidential King Kamehameha Suite
- Be a Grand Marshal for a Disney Parade
- Epcot International Festival of the Holiday Cookie Stroll
- Dapper Day!
- Mike’s To-Do List:
- Stay at the Beach Club
- Keys to the Kingdom Tour & The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour
- Dinner at Narcoossee’s for Wedding Anniversary
- Stay at the Contemporary in a tower room, theme park view.
- Adventure by Disney River Cruise in Europe
- This Day in Disney History for August 30
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Dug from Up
- A little bit of Walt
- “There is great comfort and inspiration in the feeling of close human relationships and its bearing on our mutual fortunes – a powerful force, to overcome the “tough breaks” which are certain to come to most of us from time to time” – Walt Disney
- Coming next week: Planning for a Holiday: When Your Disney Vacation is on a Holiday.
- On the Road with Mickey is sponsored by Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis, Tech Solutions NC, and Brenda Plans.
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!
You have to stay at Riverside! We are like Brenda (coincidentally also Brenda’s guests) and can’t say enough good things about Riverside. We absolutely love it!
Thank you for the shout out, Brenda! What they’ve told us is that they look for:
1. People without little kids. They typically don’t pick kids because of the time commitment. It takes about 2-4 hours.
2. Leisurely stroll into the park. We stop at Starbucks to get a drink and take in Main Street before entering the park.
3. Show the Disney spirit! We typically wear matching shirts, ears and sometimes shoes too.
4. The last time we were picked he followed us from Main Street to the Haunted Mansion (it was his favorite ride). We’ve had different people pick us each time.
Great Disney bucket lists! Enjoyed the show.
Thanks for the great comment, I’m glad you liked the episode. Brenda is great and a great Pixie as well, as you know. Have a great week!