Your Favorite Value Resort and Why
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, she’s Sophie, and that’s Brenda, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is Season 2, Episode 37 for September 13, 2021, and our feature topic today is Your Favorite Value Resort and Why. For today’s podcast we are taking a three part look at our favorite resorts. Today we start with our favorite value resort. Next week we’ll talk about our favorite moderate resort, and the week after will be our favorite deluxe resort. As always, we want to hear from you. What are your favorites? Let us know in the comments! Now, here’s the rundown of what we talked about:
- Updates from last week:
- We have some show and tell for today! These are some of the photos of our Grand Marshall family. Enjoy! (Note: You can see these on our YouTube post.)
- A few episodes back we talked about a refurbishment for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at WDW. It turns out we were wrong, the only refurbishment is the one at Disneyland that started on September 7th. I’m sorry for any confusion I caused!
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Mike: The age old debate has been that Disneyland has better Churros than Walt Disney World. Well, WDW is looking to end that debate. They are coming out with a new Churro Mickey Head Cookie to try and even things up a bit. What do you think? Would you try it? You can find it at Big Top Souvenirs at the Magic Kingdom, and it costs $5.49. It’s a sugar cookie with cinnamon flavored swirled icing. They also have a Mickey Churro Cupcake. Take a look at the photo and tell us what you think!
- Brenda: Do you like Club Cool? Well, if you do, good news, Club Cool will reopen on September 15th!
- Brenda: As we reported earlier, Port Orleans Riverside will be reopening on October 14th, with French Quarter reopening October 28th. Before then, though, both resorts are having some work done. Riverside is seeing some general construction on the check-in building, and over at French Quarter, work is going to be done on the Alligator Bayou Pool.
- Sophie: Great news! The Monorail station for the Polynesian Resort has reopened! I’m excited, this will be the
First Time in ForeverFirst time in a long time that we will ride the monorail!
- Connect with us! Here’s how:
- Facebook: https://facebook.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- Facebook Group: https://facebookgroup.ontheroadwithmickey.com
- YouTube: On the Road with Mickey (Don’t forget to subscribe, like the videos, and comment!)
- Feature Topic: Your Favorite Value Resort and Why.
- As we all know, the Value Resorts at Walt Disney World are Disney’s All-Star Music, Movies, and Sports Resorts, as well as Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, and the Campgrounds at Fort Wilderness. Which is your favorite, and why?
- Brenda’s Favorite:
- Art of Animation Resort
- Big Blue Pool
- Gift shop
- Food Court options
- Queen beds now
- Convenience of the Skyliner and Pop
- Art of Animation Resort
- Sophie’s Favorite:
- Pop Century! Resort
- Mike’s Favorite:
- Also Pop Century! Resort
- Listener Favorites:
- John wrote in: “Hard to say. Stayed at 4 of 5 of them. Sport was okay. Didn’t feel the Disney magic as much. Hard for me to say since i am a sports nut. Felt the most magic at Pop. Loved the Movie because of seeing all the art work of all the movies they have done and the pools are very fun. The dining area was enjoyable. With Music, loved the pools and the pool side games. Have not stayed at AofA, but have visited there a few times and walked around. One draw back, not enough shade. Granted we stayed at all of these during the summer time so very, very, Florida hot.”
- This Day in Disney History for September 13
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- King Fergus from Brave
- A little bit of Walt
- “It has always been my hope that our fairy-tale films will result in a desire of viewers to read again the fine, old original tales and enchanting myths on the home bookshelf or school library. Our motion picture productions are designed to augment them, not to supplant them. – Walt Disney
- Coming next week: Your Favorite Moderate Resort and Why.
As always, thank you for listening. We are having a lot of fun talking Disney, and I’m glad you are enjoying it as well! Remember, you can reach us in many ways — first, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Second, you can leave us a voicemail at our voicemail box 919-799-8390. You can also talk to us on our Facebook Page, On the Road with Mickey or in our On the Road with Mickey Group. Feel free to join us! Have a great week, and we’ll be back to talk with you again next week!