Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
WDW Hidden Mickey’s
Hey everyone, I’m Mike, and she’s Sophie, and we’re On the Road with Mickey! This is episode #35 for August 31, 2020, and this week, we’re looking at the WDW Hidden Mickey’s! We think this will be a lot of fun, so have a listen. Here are the show notes from the show!
- Cheddar from the Big Cheese
- Orange County, California has been removed from the COVID-19 monitoring list by the state of California. That is welcome news because cases are dropping, but the county and cities in the area are taking a very cautious approach for a couple of weeks before announcing any changes. The good news is that this is one step towards a reopening date for Disneyland.
- Last Monday, August 24, Teppan Edo reopened to Epcot’s Japan Pavilion! Hours are from 4-9PM and you can make reservations online through your My Disney Experience app.
- Recently, Tony Baxter, the retired Disney Imagineer, said he would come out of retirement to work on an update on Journey Into Imagination with Figment. What do you think? Would you welcome that or do you like the attraction just as it is?
- There are Disney Plus Drive-in Theaters coming to Australia. They will be offered for a limited time starting this fall.
- Feature Topic: Walt Disney World Hidden Mickeys
- How the Hidden Mickeys originated (Sophie)
- Favorite Hidden Mickeys we’ve found
- Haunted Mansion
- Ballroom scene on the table
- Graveyard scene to the right (small ghost)
- Next to a gate after you get off the ride.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Gears at the end
- Plus the Hidden Tinker Bell
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
- The Smoke in the volcano
- The drums on the donald float
- Spaceship Earth paint rings on the artist’s table
- Also in the mural before the beginning of the ride there is at least one but it’s impossible to see!
- It’s a small world, In the Africa scene, there’s a Hidden Mickey in the purple flowers on a vine on the elephant’s left side. Walt Disney Imagineer artist Mary Blair created the conceptual drawings and doll designs for “It’s a Small World.”
- Fireplace chimney at wilderness lodge and the rocks at exit of Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- The aquarium in The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- The radishes in Rabbit’s garden in Winnie the Pooh
- Living with the Land
- AND MORE!!!!
- Haunted Mansion
- This Day in Disney History for August 31
- Disney Who’s Who Character
- Walt Disney Quote
On the Road with Mickey is sponsored by Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis and Tech Solutions NC. If you have any computing or travel needs, reach out to them! Tech Solutions is found at techsolutionsnc.com or on Facebook, and you can reach Mike for travel needs at email@example.com or on Facebook at Pixie Vacations by Mike Ellis